Duration: The guided tour takes approximately 45 min. but you are welcome to view the orchids for as long as you want.
Includes: The services of a local guide and entrance fee
|Shared Adult Rate||Shared Child Rate||Private Adult Rate||Private Child Rate|
The Orchid Garden located in Santa Elena offers a rare opportunity to see orchid species that are normally found in the Cloud Forest canopy and almost impossible to see.
The Orchid Gardens exhibits a collection of over 425 different species of orchids, including the world’s smallest.
Tours are guided and are offered in English and Spanish. All paths are cemented and easily transited by children, senior citizens, even wheel chairs.
The garden consists of three parts:
- Miniature Orchids: A collection of smallest orchids that are found in the cloud forest.
- Large Flower Orchids: The second section consists of orchid species with large flowers.
- Hybrid Orchids: A greenhouse where hybrid plants are showcased to demonstrate the difference between flowers that grows in the wild and a flower that is crated in a laboratory.
- Tours in either English or Spanish that lasts from 25 to 45 minutes, depending on your level of interest.
- Each tour includes information about the structure of orchids, different methods of pollination, families of flowers, and the importance of caring properly for these flowering plants.
- We also offer practical advice on caring for orchids at home and some natural methods to control pests.
- You’ll find ample parking for guests.
- The garden is open daily from 8 am to 5 pm, including Sundays and holidays.